Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's raining for the fifth day in a row, but it's supposed to be nice for the weekend...how very "un-Vancouverish"!

About my lilacs, when we moved to this house there was this scrubby shrub in the back yard that was not particularly lovely, in fact I almost yanked it out; but decided to wait until the following spring to see if it did anything interesting. So last spring, it gave me a lilac....one single lilac. Which bloomed while I was in Italy, so I missed it.

This year, it's got about 40 flower heads, and they're just starting to open, with that fantastic perfume that's my favorite flower smell........far better than roses, even. I'll take a picture within a day or two.

Lilacs always make me think of "Marjorie Morningstar", and the kiss she didn't get from Wally ...the poor sap. Have a good one, it's off to the beadatorium for moi!

No comments: