Monday, November 10, 2008

Packing For Europe!

I wonder how many people start their blog posts by saying stuff like: "Wow...it's been a long time since I wrote here, I PROMISE to keep up my blog...blah blah." I'd never say anything like that, nosiree bob.

Anyway. I'm off to The Netherlands and Belgium tomorrow, and I will try to post some pictures and so forth, can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this trip, and to meeting the friends that I've met online!

I took Buddy McDoggerson to his kennel this morning; as usual he got into the front seat and tried to hide....poor little dude! He know the gals pretty well though, so he was lured out with a treat and trotted off quite happily.

Good things:

1) - KLM has updated their fleet, and I'm flying on a brand new Airbus 330, which means that I'll have my own little TV screen, with a selection of more than 40 movies. Excellent!

2) - While ransacking my office in a fruitless search for my travel clock, David found a huge stash of Euros that I'd brought back from Italy! Excellent again! (Hmmm. I forgot to buy a travel clock. Tomorrow, however, is another day, and my flight's not until 6:30PM.)

3) I'm (more or less) packed, sort of.

4) I bought a new (Peter Robinson) novel for the plane; I had of course bought my book to read on the plane (Peter Robinson again; I'm hooked on Inspector Banks!) last Friday, but I read 'just one chapter' which turned into 'just ten chapters' etc....so naturally, I've almost finished it, thus requiring my additional purchase today. How's that for some convoluted English? Sheesh. I almost never read novels these days, but these are fun, they take place in the UK, and they don't feature annoying characters like those in Elizabeth George's novels. (I still read [and love] them, but Deborah St. James is starting to piss me off with her whining. Get OVER yourself, for God's sake.
Too bad about Helen, though.)

5) Okay...that's it, except for one thing. Please remember to honor the sacrifice made by those who have lost their lives in war; tomorrow, the eleventh hour of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month; Remembrance Day.

Peace.

No comments: